Do you have vegan-curious friends? Do you want your pescetarian friends to know just why they should go veg? Do you simply want to meet more vegan-minded folks in Portland area?
The 3rd Annual Try Vegan Week kicks off this Saturday with a Bike Rally starting at the Mini Mall with the Radical Cheerleaders for Animal Rights and concludes with the Vegan Prom of Tomorrow on Saturday, the 21st. Tickets are still available!
The week includes many classes, workshops, and talks: all about going vegan!
To name a few:
- Metta Yoga Workshop on 8/14, with Sherri Konin Montgomery
- Free Earthlings Screening at Clinton Street Theater on 8/15 (Note: we couldn’t get Joaquin, but I have my fingers crossed for a hipster lookalike to randomly wander in).
- Baking without Dairy and Eggs on 8/16, with the talented Chelsea of the Flavor Vegan blog
- Get Your Greens on 8/17, with Brian from Sip and Wes of Blossoming Lotus
- Taking Advantage of Vegan Portland on 8/18, with Janessa of Epicurious Vegan and myself, shocker. Also: free cookies or something similar.
- Get Active Panel on 8/19, with members of NW Veg, Radical Cheerleaders, Let Live, IDA, and Try Vegan PDX.
- Vegan Singles Happy Hour, presented by Chloe & Louvella, and Deanna’s Vegan Bar Crawl on 8/20
- Veganism Beyond Diet Panel on 8/21
Check out the full schedule here – many more events and location/time info for the above~
Check out Try Vegan PDX for more information. Consider having a week in your area. We’re all activists, folks.