That may be the scene of late Saturday afternoon, but the morning offered a slightly damp yet rain-free and welcoming trip to the first Portland Farmers Market of the season. I usually have something of a dramatic countdown in place, … Continue reading
It’s the summer of projects! With my newfound free time, I’ve decided to devote 100 days to make a minimum of 100 creative, culinary concoctions. Pretty straightforward, right?
100 Days of Homemade on Get Sconed!
- Each and every day, for a period of 100 days beginning June 25th, I aim to make one meal as from-scratch-as-possible in my kitchen.
- These creations will be shared in small, group updates on Get Sconed! I will photograph as much as possible.
- I’ll be identifying my photos with the “100dayshomemade” tag on this site, as well as twitter and Instagram.
- As always, my dishes will be entirely vegan and incorporate local, organic seasonal produce as much as obsessively possible. Dishes will also be free of almonds, cashews, bananas and pineapple. Go figure.
- Some days, more than one dish will likely be created. This may mean an entirely different course, or simply an accompanying cocktail or dessert. As long as it’s homemade and creative, it’s in.
- Being newly (and for now, gloriously) unemployed, the dishes will be pretty budget-friendly. Thank you, crazy supply of dried beans, exotic spices and grains! I’ll do my best to make notes and share worthwhile tips as I go along.
- Dishes will be described and recipes will be referenced when used, or ideas given. Basically, some dishes may be winged, some may be test recipes for the upcoming Isa Does It, some may be from cookbooks, some may simply be special requests from my girlfriend. Nearly everything will be inspired by farmers market hauls or television episodes, etc.
- Processed goods, such as vegan cheese and packaged slices, will be used as little as possible, if ever.
From the first few days:
My new style also welcomes legitimate time to devote to Vida Vegan Con, and speaking of, early bird tickets open today, July 1st!