Being a vegan in Portland, Tofurkey day is approaching and I’m naturally weighing the options of at least 12 vegan potlucks or take out from Bay Leaf or Sweetpea (omg, the dinner rolls!!). I went to 2 potlucks over the weekend as it is, and that’s normal! Now, being a creepy cat lady hermit without family in the state, I’m also highly considering taking the day off from sage and pumpkin, making Ethiopian style greens, and watching Charlie Brown on repeat. Maybe. I may make an exception for pumpkin hot toddies. Perhaps.
All this potential busy-ness or personal time over the holiday weekend doesn’t mean that I’m not totally entranced by all the seasonal menu planning around me, via blog posts and holiday specials at the grocery store and farmers markets, etc.
With that, here are some things that have caught my eye recently.
Thanksgiving Day Ideas I’d like you to make for me:
- Our Veggie Kitchen’s Turkey Gravy (inspired by the next link)
- Vegan Dad’s Smoked Turkey Lunch Meat
- Melomeal’s Barley Cherry Pecan Stuffing Mel has a ton of Frugal Thanksgiving recipes up!
- Joni’s Seitan en Croûte from 500 Vegan Recipes. Just look at it!
- Bryanna Clark Grogan’s Spiced Vegan Pumpkin Pie – consider using coconut milk! It could change your view of this holiday.
- Bryanna’s Buttermilk Biscuits – beautiful things.
- The Thanksgiving Cake Incident from Vegan Good Things. Whoa.
- Joanna’s Mushroom Dressing from Potluck Mania. Classic.
- Bryan P. McCarthy’s Vegan Turkey Roast on Everyday Dish. I’ve made this a couple times and like to roast cubed vegetables in the pan, as well.
- Chelsea’s Whole Grain Quinoa Stuffing and Thanksgiving Gluten Roast up on the Bob’s Red Mill Blog. I just may be eating some of that stuffing tomorrow, wink wink.
- The Double-Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake from Fat Free Vegan. Why have I not been to a potluck where this is present?!?
- and of course, the Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Don’t Eat Off the Sidewalk. Pretty please?
Ye Olde Get Sconed! Thanksgiving-related porn follows, featuring quite a sweet potato pie casseroles, more pies, mac & cheeze, rolls, and an apple cider, garlic & herb marinated tofurkey, among other classics:
And if you’re dishes rule, don’t forget to take a picture and send your photos to Vegansaurus!
And please, share!